Tuesday, May 26, 2009

from Romeo and Juliet

ACT II, SCENE II

JULIET:       Good-night, good-night! as sweet repose and rest
                  Come to thy heart as that within my breast!  
ROMEO:      O! wilt thou leave me so unsatisfied?  
JULIET:       What satisfaction canst thou have tonight?  
ROMEO:      The exchange of thy love’s faithful vow for mine.  
JULIET:       I gave thee mine before thou didst request it;
                 And yet I would it were to give again.  
ROMEO:     Wouldst thou withdraw it? for what purpose, love?  
JULIET:     But to be frank, and give it thee again.                         
And yet I wish but for the think I have: 
                My bounty is a boundless as the sea, 
                My love as deep; the more I give to thee,  
                The more I have, for both are infinite. 

 WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE (1564-1616)

No comments:

Post a Comment