Friday, June 19, 2009

To F.Scott Fitzgerald, 1919

I'D DO ANYTHING

Sweetheart,

Please, please do't be so depressed - We'll be married soon, and there lonesome nights will be over forever - and until we are, I am loving, loving every tiny minute of the day and night - Maybe you won't understand this, but sometimes when I miss you most, it's hardest to write - an you always know when I make myself - Just the ache of it all - and I can't tell you. If we were together, you'd feel how strong it is - your're so sweet when you're melancholy. I love your sad tenderness - when I've hurt your - That's one of the reasons I could never be sorry for our quarrels - and they bothered you so - Those dear, dear little fusses, when I always tried so hard to make you kiss and forget -

Scott - there's nothing in all the world I want but you - and your precious love - All the material things are nothing. I'd just haste to live a sordbid, colorless existence - because your'd soon love me less - and less - and I'd do anything - anything - to keep your heart for my own - I don't want to live - I want to love first, and live incidentally - Why don't you feel that I'm waiting - I'll come to your, Lover, when you're ready - Don't ever think of the things you can't give me - you've trusted me with the desert heart of all - and it's so damn much more than anybody else in the world has ever had -

ZELDA FITZGERALD (1900-47)

No comments:

Post a Comment