Tuesday, June 30, 2009

When fist I chanced

when first I chanced to hear your voice
my heart stopped.
not for want of death, but because
nothing can change
in the space between beats of your heart.
and I wanted you
to forever speak my name. with reverence
and honest love.

when first I chanced to look into your eyes
burnt gold honey
in colour. my breath caught, the air
was no longer needed
to sustain my life. for in your eyes
my world held, strung
on wires of platinum and steel and dreams.
and honest love.

when first I chanced to touch your flesh
my life ended.
and began again. the minuet of life paused
and then continued.
and I was caught in the dance, intoxicated
by your warm hand
by the sweet message in your smile, bold
with honest love.

when first I chanced to lay with you
the angels wept.
knowing what was in my heart, how could
they but regret
never knowing what passes between two lovers
caught in the sphere
where ends all reality and the truth is pure as any scarament.

when first I chanced to speak of love
you smiled at me.
and touched me with a hand that stole
my life. and spoke
with a voice that stopped my heart.
and looked to me
with eyes that caught my breath. and I kenw.
I knew. I know.



No comments:

Post a Comment