Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Burn of Fire

Torn hearts,
Broken dreams,
Fading memories.

peirced thoughts,
Dying souls,
Unending tears.

Lost feelings,
Shattered hopes,
A forgotten, withered rose.

The charred remains of a burnt out love
Never to be forgotten
Left to linger in my aching soul, forever

I had no choice but to accept my fate
That you no longer wanted me
I was simply brushed aside, as you moved on

You said you no longer felt the same about me,
And about us
You no longer loved me the way you said you did

My heart was crying for you to change your mind
And tell me your made a mistake
But you never did

I wanted you to think i was strong
So i held in all my feelings
I made it look that way

My friends thought I would be alright
But they couldn't tell either
I was dying inside without you

I am still afraid to look at you
Your face is too familiar
And, in your eyes I seel all of our memories....

- LEESHA BROBERG

No comments:

Post a Comment